Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible appliances including no metal brackets, wires etc. Therefore, today they are the most preferred alternative to traditional orthodontic devices. Aligners work in a series of trays that shift your teeth into place in a step-by-step process. Each tray is manufactured such that the teeth are slightly straighter than the previous tray. Your teeth are typically supposed up to 0.25 mm per tray, provided the usage of the trays is proper. Every two weeks, a set of tray will have to be worn which will aid in slowly moving your teeth towards their ideal positions.
In a gist, what are virtues that make Invisalign aligners a far better choice than traditional braces? Below are listed the probable reasons for aligners scoring high over braces these days.
- They are clear and barely visible. So, both adults and teenagers have no inhibition in putting them on.
- They are custom fitted and do not irritate the inner portion of your mouth. (Often people need to rub wax on the metal brackets as they scratch and make the inner cheeks sore!)
- There is no issue food getting stuck in between and the hazard of cleaning them consequently!
- Brushing your tooth remains normal with the use of aligners as they feel completely like your natural teeth.
- They can be opened and kept aside sometimes, like - like brushing or having lunch with your friends!
- The feeling of pressure (as happens with traditional braces) does not exist.
- Above all, Invisalign do not change your smile! It remains perfectly natural and original. This keeps individuals much more socially active!
The only thing that the candidate needs to ensure is that he or she is wearing the invisalign for at least 22 hours in a day! This means, they should be put on for the maximum portion of the day. If only you can motivate yourself to do so, you will positively be the gainer.
Why then would traditional braces be in use at all?
Well, even if the monetary concern is left aside, it should be well understood that the recommendation of braces or aligners, completely depends upon your orthodontist. Not all malocclusions can be corrected using the Invisalign aligners. Major issues with your occlusions may need to be corrected using the pressure that traditional braces can exert. So, it is your dentist alone who ultimately decides which one to opt for.
Major dental issues that your Invisalign aligners can address
- Unwanted gaps in between teeth
- Biting issues that include overbite, under-bite or a cross-bite
- Teeth overcrowding
Your Invisalign align actually addresses many of the complicated oral problems by correcting these malocclusions. Say for instance, an overbite or under-bite can cause stress to your jaws leading to problems like a TMJ/TMD pain. (A TMJ/ TMD refer to the temporomandibular joint or a temporomandibular disease). Therefore orthodontic treatments of such complicated oral health issues are treated with the help of aligners.
A gapped set of teeth not only damages your smile but affects your speech too. Overcrowded teeth on the other hand gives rise to problems like stubborn plaque accumulation, difficult regular cleanings etc.
In short, Invisalign aligners aid in treating a number of oral health problems in the process of correcting the misalignment of your teeth outlay. The recommendation of an Invisalign however, as already discussed above, solely rests on your dentist. Consulting your orthodontist as early as possible in case of dental malocclusions is a must. Else, your unscrupulous teeth structure may give rise to an array of other oral health complications!