What is Laser Therapy in dentistry? If you’ve never come across this innovative type of dental care, now is the time to learn! If the drilling sound at the dentist makes you a little tense, then dental laser treatment might be apt for you! It is used to get relief from headaches, pain, and inflammation.
Types of Lasers Used in the Dental Industry
- Hard tissue Lasers– These lasers can very precisely cut into your teeth. This eliminates tiny amounts for shaping purposes or in preparation for the process. It is used for detecting cavities, dealing with teeth sensitivity, and preparing your teeth for dental fillings.
- Soft tissue lasers– Ideal for cutting into soft tissue and sealing the exposed blood vessels simultaneously! This is the reason you don’t bleed much and healing is quicker. Soft tissue lasers are excellent for cosmetic processes as you can visualize results immediately. They are used for:
- Lengthening crowns
- Dealing with limited tongue movement
- Reshaping your gums
- Removing folds in oral soft tissues caused by dentures.
What Laser Dentistry Can Treat
- Tooth decay. Lasers are used to eliminate decay within a tooth and prepare the surrounding enamel for receiving the filling.
- Gum disease. Lasers are utilized to reshape gums and clean bacteria during root canal therapy.
- Biopsy or lesion removal. Lasers can be used to eliminate a tiny piece of tissue termed a biopsy. This is done to examine cancer. Lasers are even utilized to eliminate lesions in the mouth and ease the pain of canker sores or cold sores.
- Teeth Whitening. Lasers are utilized to speed up the in-office teeth-whitening process. The bleaching agent, applied to the tooth surface, is ”activated” by laser energy.
- Removal of Benign Tumor. The gums and palate are made free of tumors with the help of lasers.
- TMJ Treatment: Dental lasers may be utilized to instantly minimize pain and inflammation of the TMJ.
- Removing throat tissue that causes sleep apnea. Laser therapy can reshape the throat and relieve breathing problems.
- Removing tissue around an exposed wisdom tooth
- Regenerating damaged nerves
- Reduce pain in few cases, so lessens the requirement for anesthesia
- The laser will sterilize the gums, lessening the risk of infection
- Minimize nervousness in patients not comfortable with dental drill
- Minimal damage to gums reduces the healing period
- Reduce bleeding and swelling during soft tissue treatments
- Preserve more healthy tooth while eliminating cavity
How does Laser Therapy work in Periodontal Cases?
The Dentist in Dallas uses a dental laser to access and eliminate the inflamed gum tissue. Now, as the root gets exposed, the root scaling starts. The dentist then smoothens the root with instruments to eliminate any rough spots. Because that might attract bacteria and cause future infections! The site between the gum and the root can then regenerate during your healing procedure.
Now, if you’re in the search of a ‘Dentist near me’ in TX, then surely visit our office at Bleu Dentistry! We do provide treatments with Laser Therapy efficiently and confidently!
Prevention -Still the Perfect Treatment!
Taking proper care of your teeth might mean that you never have to undergo dental laser treatment. Implement good oral habits and visit your dentist regularly to avoid dental issues.