Dental emergencies are very common and have the potential to be life-threatening if not treated on time. Gathering information about these situations is necessary if you want to tackle them with ease. The key challenge faced while facing dental emergencies is the sudden onset of the situation.
Here at Bleu Dentistry, our team of experienced dentists and other dental professionals believe in educating people about dental care along with offering quality dental treatments in Dallas. Not every dental problem can be counted as a dental emergency. Keeping this in mind, we have come up with a blog that will discuss basic dental emergencies. So, go through the sections below to know when you should visit your emergency dentist.
What are Dental Emergencies?
Before discussing common dental emergencies, you should have clarity about what they mean. Any dental problem that requires immediate attention to stop bleeding, get rid of severe pain or save the tooth, etc can be considered as a dental emergency. You need to realize that dental emergencies cannot wait for you to visit a dentist the next day.
Most Common Dental Emergencies
Taking pepper care of your oral health and adopting preventive dental care measures can help you avoid dental emergencies. But, even after taking proper care of your gums and teeth, suffering from dental emergencies is pretty common. We have provided the 5 most common dental emergencies in the pointers below. Give them a diligent read and draw an end to all confusion related to this topic.
- Severe Toothache – Suffering from a severe toothache will make you go through tremendous discomfort. It can be an indication of numerous other dental problems. Two of the most common causes of toothache are something stuck in between the teeth or infected tooth pulp. Your teeth can immediately start to hurt and the severity increases with time. It is essential for you to not wait and see the outcome. On the other hand, reach the nearby dental office and consult an emergency dentist. You can apply a cold compress to reduce the pain until seeing the dentist.
- Cracks or Chips – Biting down on hard food items or using your teeth to do things other than chewing and biting can be the reason for having cracks or chips in your teeth. You should never take these problems very lightly. Visit an emergency dentist as soon as possible. People who suffer from the problem of clenching their teeth at night can also cause cracked or chipped teeth. In case a fragment or piece of your teeth falls off, rinse it properly and put it in a glass of water or milk before reaching the dental office.
- Knocked-Out or Lose Teeth – Getting involved in an accident or being subjected to any sort of facial impact can be the reason for knocked-out or losing teeth. It is a very common dental emergency. If you face such a situation, do not delay for a minute to consult an emergency dentist. But, you should carefully preserve the fallen-off tooth before reaching the dental office. Try to keep the tooth in the socket and prevent it from falling out. If the tooth has fallen out of your mouth, make sure to pick it up by the crown and rinse it properly. You can also preserve the tooth by putting it back into the socket and biting down. Keep it in a glass of water or milk while carrying it to the dental office. If you consult the emergency dentist on time, there are high chances of the knocked-out tooth getting saved.
- Loose or Missing Teeth Restorations – Loose teeth restorations are a very common issue and fall under the category of dental emergencies. Though, this problem is mostly faced by people going for temporary teeth replacement options. If you suffer from loose or missing teeth restorations, see a dentist nearby.
- Soft Tissue Injury – The human mouth consists of or is surrounded by soft tissues. They include the insides of the cheeks, lips, gums, etc. The soft tissues getting injured can cause bleeding or pain and also create a situation that gets out of your hand.
We hope that you now have a better understanding of the common dental emergencies that are faced by people across the world.
If you face any of the above-mentioned situations and are looking for the best emergency dentist in Dallas, contact Bleu Dentistry. We offer excellent emergency dental care to all our patients and try to resolve difficult situations on their behalf. You can also contact us for various other kinds of dental treatments when in need. Call (214) 760-6076 to schedule your visit today. You need to book an appointment in case of a dental emergency.